St Denys, Rotherfield
St Denys' is a large church in the centre of Rotherfield dating from around 1060, but extensively expanded over the years. The Nevill Chapel, whilst built in the 11th/12th centure is named after the Nevill branch of the Abergavenny family, who were the Lords of the Manor from 1450. The church has some wonderful wall paintings, that were revealed during restoration work in 1893. The chancel arch and the Nevill chapel hold the largest examples, but other smaller painted areas can been seen throughout the church.