St Nicholas, Iford
The church of St Nicholas dates from the early or middle 12th century. The present chancel was added at the very end of the same century, when the tower was built and a north aisle added to the nave. The north chapel dates from the end of the 13th century. Restored in 1868, when the north arcade was discovered and opened, and traces of mural paintings, now no longer visible, were exposed, the church was again restored in 1874.
Only a handful of examples of graffiti were found, including a shield-type shape in the nave. There is a very large compass circle on the arch in the north wall of the chancel which is interesting as it spans a number of planes in the form of the arch.